UPDATED - DETAILED OUTLINE FOR THE OPENING SEQUENCE OF 'TEXTUAL CHEMISTRY' - SHORTENING MY ORIGINAL PLAN
Having reviewed my detailed outline for my opening sequence, I have decided that it is too long for just the opening credits. This means that I am updating the number of shots and scenes that will be included. I am mainly now just focusing on the getting ready for school montage of both the boy and the girl. I see this working better, rather than explaining the whole plot in the opening sequence, I am going to 'bring together' a big male romantic comedy star and a big female star. These famous actors have not worked on a romantic comedy together before so the opening sequences just establishes them as the stars and the personalities of the characters. I have focused deeper on the actual shots I will be doing that emphasise their opposing personalities and characters. For the girl this is by enhancing her 'nerdiness' and scattyness, and for the boy his calm persona and the way that things seem to just happen easily for him, unlike her.
This is the detailed, updated opening sequence outline:
The opening sequence immediately establishes the contrast between her chaotic morning routine and his effortlessly cool and calm one. We see her sleeping through her alarm, surrounded by books and flashcards. when she finally jolts awake she panics at the time, scrambling for her glasses, tripping over notebooks, brushing her teeth whilst studying, dripping toothpaste on her outfit, dropping things, breaking hair ties and rushing through her messy morning routine with clumsiness and stress, nothing that seems unfamiliar to her.
This is in direct contrast as we see his morning unfold with calm precision, his alarm going off on time and him smoothly waking up, his room is perfectly neat, his phone is full of messages and he moves through his routine of brushing his teeth and styling his hair smoothly.
He also slips on easily a varsity jacket and grabs his basketball gear effortlessly. through the cross cutting, the sequence emphasises their opposite personalities and also excites the audience when they see the two big stars working together for the first time.




Comments
Post a Comment