EVALUATIONS FOR MY OPENING SEQUENCE - INTRODUCTION
I have decided to present my evaluations in two different digital formats including a director's commentary for Question 1 and 4 and extracts from a film-related podcast for Questions 2 and 3.
In my evaluations I will be answering the following questions:
Q1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups and issues?
I chose to present this answer as a director's commentary because I want the audience to see the conventions I have incorporated into my opening sequence on the screen as I discuss them. I will be discussing conventions of opening sequences in general and more specifically about genre.
For Question 2, I have chosen to present my response in the form of the beginning part of a film-focused podcast aimed at fans of the romantic comedy genre. Within this format, I respond to a series of questions from the host, allowing me to analyse how my opening sequence engages the audience and creates meaning. I also explore my target audience in terms of age and gender, and discuss key creative decisions, particularly in relation to film language such as camera work, editing, and sound. In addition, I consider how Textual Chemistry would be distributed as a real media product, including potential release strategies. As marketing plays a significant role in distribution, I also examine the film’s viral marketing campaign and the different elements involved in promoting it to a wider audience.
Q3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
This question will be presented as a continuation of the podcast and will revolve around discussion of the ways my production and editing skills developed throughout the process.
The last question will be presented as a directors commentary, where I will discuss aspects of hardware (camera, mic, mixing desk, phone, laptop), software (Blogger, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop) and online (Imp Awards, Art of the Title, font websites) in terms of how they helped with my project.

Comments
Post a Comment