ANALYSING OPENING SEQUENCES - '10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU'
10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU
The first opening sequence I am going to be looking at is '10 Things I Hate About You' which is a romance film.
The opening sequence includes the following conventions:
1. An ident for Touchstone Pictures
2. Titles
- production company - Touchstone Pictures - over a black screen
- another production company - a Mad Chance/Jaret Entertainment
- the movie name over the opening picture of the setting
- actors names over images - Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger, Joseph Gordon-Levitt
3. Indicates genre with music
- opens with rock music as the credits roll
- indicates the genre of a romantic comedy - it serves as the perfect soundtrack for the melodramatic love lives of four high school teens trying to find their place in the world
4. Introduces character and character traits
- Kat Stratford playing "Bad Reputation" in her car
- Kat ripping down a prom poster
5. Introduces setting - a high school


Comments
Post a Comment